Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Iggy Azalea Talks XXL Controversy


Iggy Azalea Talks XXL Controversy, Collab With Trey Songz & Female Rappers Who Don’t Show Love

*Posted from Necole Bitchie
‘Love at first sight instantly’
Those were the complimentary words that Trey Songz wrote on his twitter page for rapper Iggy Azalea last week after meeting her in the studio. Unfortunately, not everyone has fallen in love with her so quickly. Ever since she began to garner mainstream attention, hooked up with rapper T.I and became the first female rapper to snag the annual Freshman Class cover of XXL, folks have been going HAM trying to discredit her and her music.
The 21 year old blonde bombshell recently sat down with The Boombox and chatted about everything from her new collab with Trey Songz, which she plans to release before her album drops, as well as the XXL debacle being her ‘Taylor Swift/ Kanye West’ moment. She also discussed how she felt about folks taking her ‘slavemaster’ lyrics out of context and if she’s bothered by other female rappers who aren’t quite feeling her yet.
On the controversy between her and Azealia Banks after the XXL Magazine cover was released
It was frustrating because I felt like that was supposed to be a poignant moment for me and it got taken away. I kind of felt like Taylor Swift and Kanye West and I was Taylor Swift. I felt like this is supposed to be my moment, this is my great achievement, it’s great for me and it’s great for my country, it’s great for women, and I felt like it got stolen from me in a sense. It was supposed to be a happy day and it got twisted around, and it disappointed me, and annoyed me because I had been anticipating that [cover] coming out as a celebration, and it really turned into the opposite. It was just mudslinging, and I felt disappointed by the whole thing. But I’ll have other moments, and they will be mine. I’ll make sure of it.
On the slavemaster controversy
It was just a big arrow in my heart. There have been a few things, not just that. There have been a few things, as well as personal stuff, that annoys you the most, because those are the things that are closest to your heart. I felt wronged by the media because I always did my [best] to befriend you guys. Everybody would always say, “Be careful of them,” and I would say, “They’re not all bad.” Then things like that [the "slave master" controversy] would happen, and it made me feel so burnt by them.
On if she’s bothered if another female rapper dislikes her 
I mean at the end of the day, if an artist dislikes me, I don’t mind because the artists aren’t fans. An artist isn’t going to buy 100 records, or even by a ticket to my show, so it’s not something that annoys me so much. Fans will like what they want. Me disliking someone, or them disliking me, it doesn’t stop a fan from liking what they’re gonna like. That’s just how it is. You [other female rappers] don’t stop the checks, you don’t create the checks. I currently do that for me. If you’re going to be mad, be mad with the checks [laughs].
On collaborating with Trey Songz
I really haven’t picked what will go on the album and what I might just put out, but I did do a song with Trey Songz ["Waste It All"] that’s kind of unexpected. The beat, and the way he sings, it’s kind of different [from] his regular style. I’m going to put that out, probably before the album.
Read move over at Boombox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Love on Fashiolista!!!


Disclaimer:_____________________I do not own any rights to any images on HoneyBEE Billi unless stated so. Most images are derived from google image search and the sites it leads me to. Seek permission for images that belong to me before use.