Monday, February 13, 2012

Adele Covers Vogue

Hot off her sweep at the Grammy Awards last night, Adele’s Vogue cover and photo shoot has hit the web and, my god, is it glorious. While I’m sure there will be plenty of talk about whether the mag “slimmed” the plus-size chanteuse, I think, for all intents and purposes, she looks wonderfully like herself. Click through a bunch of the photos shot by Mert Alas an Marcus Piggoti in this slideshow. [Vogue]










The soulful singer dominated the Grammy Awards with six wins, including Album of the Year for "21." The singer who seemed to come out of nowhere is now heard everywhere. Here are some lesser-known facts about the singing sensation.
What’s her real name?The singer goes by Adele, but she was born Adele Laurie Blue Adkins.
Where is she from?As you may have detected from her accent, the songstress was born in Tottenham, North England, in 1988 to a single teen mother, which makes her just 23 years old. The child prodigy began trying out her pipes at the tender age of 4. The soulful sensation became a breakout star when a friend posted some of her tracks on MySpace in 2006.
What was the singer's inspiration?The young artist said that no band served as greater inspiration than, wait for it, the Spice Girls. She said she loved the girl band from the age of 7 and told Now magazine, "Even though some people think they're uncool, I'll never be ashamed to say I love the Spice Girls because they made me who I am." 
Who is her beau?The man by Adele’s side at the Grammys is Simon Konecki, a charity entrepreneur. Us Weekly reports that the two met through his environmental organization, Drop4Drop,  he is divorced and has a 5-year-old daughter, he was schooled at Eton (like Prince William), and his nickname is "Swampy."
Who helped her to face her surgery?Adele reveals in the upcoming issue of Vogue that when she had the jitters about getting surgery on her damaged vocal chord, she was calmed by none other than John Mayer. Adele told the magazine, "John Mayer had it done at the same time as I did, and he really helped me be chilled out about it." Other singers who were treated by the same Boston doctor: Julie Andrews and Steven Tyler.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Love on Fashiolista!!!


Disclaimer:_____________________I do not own any rights to any images on HoneyBEE Billi unless stated so. Most images are derived from google image search and the sites it leads me to. Seek permission for images that belong to me before use.