Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DIY: Miu Miu Jeweled Heels

Posted by   from HonestlyWTF
You can always rely on Miu Miu for sensational sparkly shoes. And you can always rely on us to show you how to DIY your own pair. Inspired by a pair of jeweled heeled sandals from seasons past, we repurposed some rhinestones leftover from a previous project to create a new and easy tutorial – just in time for that New Year’s Eve party you RSVP’d to!

You’ll need:

I used pre-set rhinestones, leftover from our Miu Miu sneaker tutorial. With flat nose pliers, I pried the prongs open to release the crystal rhinestones. Skip this step if you’re using loose, flat back rhinestones.
Squeeze some glue into a small dish or container. Pick up one of the larger rhinestones with the tweezers, dip the backside into the glue.
Press the stone into the top of the center of the heel. Add several other large stones around the top, gradually working your way down to the middle of the heel with smaller stones. Go back and add small round stones in bare spots. There is no right or wrong way to creating the pattern – have fun with it!
A tip: the smaller round stones will require the tiniest bit of glue. Dip a toothpick into the glue, dab it onto the backside of the stone and apply to the shoe.
Repeat the same steps on the other shoe . . .
And you’re bejeweled!
(top image from here, rest of images by HonestlyWTF)
I love this!!! I'll post the pics when I do it! What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Love on Fashiolista!!!


Disclaimer:_____________________I do not own any rights to any images on HoneyBEE Billi unless stated so. Most images are derived from google image search and the sites it leads me to. Seek permission for images that belong to me before use.