Saturday, October 1, 2011

Kanye West Debuts New Womenswear Line ‘Dw’ In Paris

Article *via NecoleBitchie
VIEW GALLERY| 30 Photos
Kanye West debuted his highly anticipated Womenswear Ready -to -Wear collection earlier today in Paris to mixed reviews (hey he’s a rapper so the criticism is definitely going to be tough). Recognizable Models such as Chanel Iman, Jourdan Dunn, Abbey Lee Kershaw and Karlie Kloss hit the runway in the new ‘Dw’ collection, named after Kanye’s mother Donde West who passed in 2007. Kanye enlisted the help of British deisnger Louise Goldin and Givenchy’s Riccardo Tisci to assist him in bringing his vision to life.
The front row was star studded with the likes of Ciara, The Olsen Twins, Lindsey Lohan, Anna Wintour and Jared Leto as well as designers Sylvia Fendi, Alexander Wang, Jeremy Scott, Joseph Altuzarra, and Dean and Dan Caton of Dsquared. Kanye West reportedly used the sounds of Waka Flocka Flame as the models walked down the runway in a mixture of fur and leather as well as hooded and bondage style dresses with some critics pointing out the influence of Givenchy and Balmain on the collection.  After the show, Kanye told reporters:
I’m so scared, I’m so nervous.
The biggest conversation I hope I can end tonight is the whole ‘celebrity designer’ thing/ That’s the biggest hurdle when you want to get amazing people to work for you.”
Ciara reacted to the collection backstage by saying:
“He did a great job. I walked away from this show feeling like I would love to wear this line. There is so much in it that’s right up my alley. Especially since for me, it’s so cool to see someone come from our music world and do something like this. It’s really hard
And Jeremy Scott had some great things to say as well:
Everyone probably thought it was going to be another like Jennifer Lopez’s Macy’s line and it’s not, it’s really clear it’s not. Kanye has impeccable taste and you see his taste level is up there. He’s a fan of design across the board. I have five-hour long conversations with him all the time about everything because he’s so obsessed, and I think we got a little bit of an insight into his mind there
Check out a few of looks from the collection below:
The Mummy style dress was a hot one!
The shoes, designed by Giuseppe, were everything!
The Olsen Twins spotted front row
Sky Ferreira and Jared Leto
More pics from the show in the GALLERY

What do you all think of the collection??? I love some of these pieces! Especially the bondage style dress. I am anxious to get one of these pieces from this collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Love on Fashiolista!!!


Disclaimer:_____________________I do not own any rights to any images on HoneyBEE Billi unless stated so. Most images are derived from google image search and the sites it leads me to. Seek permission for images that belong to me before use.