Wednesday, May 4, 2011

101 Things I Learned in Fashion School: PART 2

The book I am reading now was written by Alfredo Cabrera with Matthew Frederick and here's what I took from it below.

Lesson 2: Fashion designers create collections, not simply individual garments. 
"Depending on the size of a design house, a collection may have anywhere from 12 to 400 garments. A designer plans a collection so that every item complements the others; they can be worn together or individually. 
A designer gives attention to every piece in a collection, including under pinnings and layering pieces, not just the exciting gowns, suits, dresses, and other major items. After you've worked hard to cultivate a customer for the primary garments, why send him somewhere else for the rest of the outfit?"


I am currently working on putting my swim design collections together. There are 3 separate collections with about 5-7 designs in each one. I will post pics in the coming months. It's all hush hush right now. :-)


You can check out my final collection I did a couple years ago for my graduation below. The element that tied the collection together was that it was all separates and the fabric choices were White and Black Organic Cotton, Pink Satin, Grey Satin, and Houndstooth. 


Click on the Honeycomb!


What do you think of the collection? Leave some comments. I love to get your feedback!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Love on Fashiolista!!!


Disclaimer:_____________________I do not own any rights to any images on HoneyBEE Billi unless stated so. Most images are derived from google image search and the sites it leads me to. Seek permission for images that belong to me before use.