Sunday, April 10, 2011

Lamar Odom Opens Up About Heroin Addict Father



Other than hitting the basketball court for the LA Lakers, winning two championship rings, and being known as husband to reality star and entrepreneur Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom remains a mystery to most. In his upcoming E! reality series, Khloe & Lamar, we get a peek inside of Lamar’s life, and his marriage which began 30 days after meeting her. (They met on August 27, 2009 and married Sept 27, 2009).
In the upcoming episode, that airs this Sunday, Lamar’s father keeps calling and Lamar eventually gets transparent with the world, and shares his past about having a mother who passed away at a young age, as well as a father who was addicted to heroin. He explains,
“Our relationship is completely different from the normal father/son relationship. My father’s a heroin addict. I was six-years-old when my parents split up. I grew up with my mother and my grandmother. We lived in Queens in a rough neighborhood. I had my mother around until I was 12-years-old, she passed away. After that my father wasn’t around.
“I’ve witnessed things that a 10-year-old definitely wasn’t supposed to see. My father is somebody I’d do anything for, but yet I still won’t let get too close. It’s hard for me to really speak upon it and get through to Khloe because she grew up so different.”
Later in the episode, that airs this Sunday, Lamar’s father Joe pops up unannounced at Khloe’s book signing, which leaves Lamar feeling embarrassed.
“Besides being embarrassed, it makes me a little uneasy.”"I’m not asking him to be my father, I’m asking him to act like you’re my father. Joe had demons, battles he had to overcome. He lost time. There are some people who lay down to take a nap at 2 they wake up at 5 in the afternoon. When Joe woke up 15, 16, 17 years had passed and I was already a grown man.”
Although, he chooses to keep his father at a distance, Khloe reveals that Lamar still supports his father by making sure that his rent is paid. He also gives him a monthly allowance, however when she starts to press him about building a relationship, Lamar tells her “When it comes to Joe, just do me a favor, and do what I say“.

The premiere episode of “Khloe & Lamar” airs this Sunday on E!

Will you be watching?



*via Necole Bitchie 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Love on Fashiolista!!!


Disclaimer:_____________________I do not own any rights to any images on HoneyBEE Billi unless stated so. Most images are derived from google image search and the sites it leads me to. Seek permission for images that belong to me before use.