Saturday, February 12, 2011

Find a Cure for Crohn's & Colitis


Andrew Bernstein's Fundraising Page
Help Us Find a Cure For Crohn's & Colitis
Hello everyone! Thank you so much for checking out my webpage. I am currently training to run a half marathon with Team Challenge and raise money for the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation. Crohn's disease is a chronic (ongoing) disorder that causes inflammation of the digestive or gastrointestinal (GI) tract which most commonly affects the small intestine and/or colon. When a flare up occurs, it causes TREMENDOUS pain for days or weeks. The symptoms are so severe, that often, the patients will need hospitalization and surgery. Approximately 1.4 million Americans are affected with Crohn’s disease including my mother. My mother had to have three major surgeries in her 20’s in which she had about 6 inches of her small intestine removed and has been hospitalized for several months due to this disease. When giving birth to my sister, there were complications from the Crohn’s. At one point during her labor, things looked dire and the doctor had to ask my father “Dr. Bernstein…you may have to choose between your new daughter or your wife, they both may not make it. Which would you like me to save?” Fortunately, both survived, but my mother could not have any more children…that’s where I came in. For years I’ve wanted to give back to my parents who put in so much time, energy and love in raising me. I came across the Team Challenge brochure and thought that this was an incredible opportunity to give back to my mother! The money raised from your contributions, will help the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation find a cure. Your donation will be 100% tax deductible and can help change the lives of 1.4 million Americans afflicted with Crohn’s and Colitis. You can check out the website at http://www.ccfa.org/ and the Team Challenge website at http://www.ccteamchallenge.org/ . My mother is a woman I respect tremendously for her huge heart, incredible values and the infinite love and support she has given me for the past 31 years! She is the kind of woman that lights up a room and makes a lasting impression on everyone she meets. Now it’s my time to give back to her and all of those afflicted with Crohn’s and Colitis. Thank you so much for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things I Love on Fashiolista!!!


Disclaimer:_____________________I do not own any rights to any images on HoneyBEE Billi unless stated so. Most images are derived from google image search and the sites it leads me to. Seek permission for images that belong to me before use.